12 More Things You Didn’t Know About Beer
1. Hops is a close cousin of marijuana.
2. American beer ads aren’t allowed to show anyone consuming alcohol.
3. Obama is the first American president to brew his own beer. He personally pays for his own equipment and ingredients and White House Ale is brewed by the White House chefs.
4. In Great Britain alone, 93 000 litres of beer are rumoured to be lost in facial hair.
5. Beer contains almost all of the minerals that we need to survive.
6. Beer strengthens bones. It has a high level of silicon which increases the calcium deposits and minerals for bone tissue.
7. One beer creates protective levels of plasma antioxidants that can prevent heart disease.
8. To pour the perfect pint of Guinness you need to let it rest for exactly 119.5 seconds between the first pour and the top up.
9. The above-mentioned waiting period is known as the surge and settle.
10. Storing beer upright reduces the chance of oxidation and contamination from the cap.
11. Vielle Bon Secours is the most expensive beer and sold at Bierdome at 700GBP.
12. Westvleteren12 is a 10.2% trappist beer that has been in production since 1940.