DPBC Hiring | Coastal Sales Manager
Coastal Sales Manager – Devil’s Peak Brewing Co.
Region: Western Cape
Reporting to: General Manager Sales
Devil’s Peak, based in Cape Town, is an industry leader in the fast growing Craft Beer industry, consistently delivering critically acclaimed, award winning beer. Our flagship Kings Blockhouse IPA is repeatedly selected as South Africa’s best ale. The business is led by a group of entrepreneurs who together have an excellent track record in creating successful start-ups and leading some of the world’s biggest beverage brands.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a smart and ambitious individual to get into an industry growing at over 100% per annum. Accelerate your career as fast as you grow the regional presence and volume, while growing your team. This is just the tip of the iceberg as Devil’s Peak is building businesses in other alcoholic products, restaurants, and allied service offerings.
The working environment is fun and entrepreneurial. Our people are all passionate about our beer and vision and work extremely hard to always deliver excellence in both product and service. We are a company born out of a love for beer, and a dedication to service excellence. We have a vision of slowly educating the market that beer, like wine and whiskey, is a product that can be carefully crafted to deliver intricate and sophisticated taste. On top of that, it is refreshing and fun. This value of authenticity stays close to our hearts and pervades everything we do.
The Coastal Sales Manager is tasked with managing the Sales teams in the Coastal region, the strategic development of new business in the region, as well as maintaining and growing existing relationships and accounts. The Coastal Sales Manager directs and controls trade execution and team achievements against targets and analyses performance through a strong set of processes and management tools. A strong involvement and strategic input into key account sales and execution is also key part of this role.
- Post Matric Qualification in Sales/Marketing
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Sales/Marketing in a FMCG environment, beverage industry preferred
- Proven track record of exceptional people leadership skills
- Proven track record of outstanding trade execution and leading teams to performance achievements
- Proven track record of strategic decision making and outperforming competitors in market
- Valid unendorsed Code 8 drivers licence
- Advanced knowledge of PC and Microsoft office
- Persuasiveness and selling ability
- Exceptional verbal ability and communication skills.
- Beer knowledge and processes
Output and Accountabilities
- Manage Regional Sales Team
- Track and Manage Sales and Operations execution
- Coordinate Regional Sales-related Operations
- Maximise sales volume and market share
- Aid the Sales Strategy development/refinement
- Lead Regional Key Account sales and execution
- Grow footprint of Devils Peak and its products in both Off and On consumption areas
Applications window: 10 April – 20 April
Hiring manager: Matt Schaal, GM Sales, MattS@signalhillproducts.com
Application requirements: Full CV, Cover Letter, References